17.23

The Make Something Swap

THE SWAP IS NOW CLOSED! 
-------------------

Many of the blogs I follow regularly partake in swaps. A swap is simply defined by two people being paired up and sending each other something. This can be anything from fabric to wool (as lots of the blogs I follow are crafting). I absolutely love swaps. I like giving things to people and packaging them up and hoping someone likes it - it also means you get to know the blog community a little better too. Of course, it also means you have a package coming your way and I'm pretty sure everyone loves packages right?

So on that note, I am organising a MAKES SWAP. This simply means you make something and swap it for something someone else has made. Lots of the people who follow my blog have a range of talents from sewing, knitting, drawing, all sorts. So I thought it would be interesting to do a bit more of a random swap!

The Rules

  1. If you'd like to be part of the swap simply leave a comment on this post. Please make sure I have some way of contacting you so either leave your email address if you don't have a blogger account or feel free to email me with the details. 
  2. The deadline for signing up is the 30th September 2011. After that I'll pair up all of the swappers and introduce you via email. It's then up to you to swap addresses, and communicate with each other on what you would like to make. 
  3. Please only sign up for the swap if you have time to commit to it!
  4. Aim to send your swap make within a month. 

Suggestions
  1. Keep it realistic - It might seem like a great idea to make someone a jumper - but I'd suggest keeping it small. Try and make your swap partner something you can send them within the month. 
  2. Find out a little bit about your swap partner - this will help hopefully inspire you with what you will make. Find out what they are like, what they are into and tell them about your skills to help you both decide. 
  3. Ideas - The point of this swap is just to have some fun and receive a nice homemade gift. This can be anything from a pincushion, a sketch of you, a painting, a sewn purse, a keyring, a necklace, a card, a cross stitch picture, a cushion, cupcakes (if you can send them fast enough!) or a song! If you are struggling for ideas I'm happy to help. 

Please feel free to link to this post on your blog, facebook or twitter account so we can get as much interest as possible. 


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...