19.13

New beginnings and a dressmaker's mannequin!

Yesterday was my last day at my work. I was pretty nervous how I'd feel as I've worked there for over 5 years so it's been a big part of my life! When I joined the company they were just starting out, and 6 of us worked in a tiny little office. In the time I've been there the company has grown exponentially, become a well known name in the industry and moved to modern, luxury offices! My colleagues and especially the management have been so supportive of me through ups and downs along the way; beyond the call of duty. It's a fantastic feeling when people genuinely care about you in the workplace.

However the time has come for me to move on and to find a new challenge. I'm really proud of what I have achieved there. I worked my way up from being a Junior Account Manager to the Head of Training and Education. It's safe to say I've learnt a lot from these people, not just about the industry but about so much more.

Yesterday, after work they threw me a leaving do with Prosecco and Pizza in the office (on our swanky terrace!) and I was over the moon when they presented me with one of the best gifts anyone has ever bought me: A dressmaker's mannequin!


Such an amazingly thoughtful gift, I was completely overwhelmed! I've named her Ruby-Jean (after both of my late Grandmothers) and can't wait to get making on her! 

My new job doesn't start until September, so I have the whole of August off which is so exciting! I'm looking forward to spending my days thrifting in charity shops, making beautiful things and sitting on the beach.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...