22.26

Baby gifts and unexpected surprises

My lovely friends Simey and Claire are expecting a baby any day now (Claire's already about 5 days overdue so really is about to pop!) and I wanted to get little baby Clarke a gift that meant something, so decided to make a baby mobile. I kept it simple but I think it's really rather adorable. I've been informed by another friend Thom that Claire isn't a fan of a plastic one she currently has, so hopefully she won't hate this one too! Even if she does, it was a good experiment and I enjoyed making it!




 I cannot wait to meet the little man. Luckily I'm up in Gloucestershire next weekend, so hopefully he'll have arrived by then and the Clarke family will be ready for visitors! 

In other crafty news, I was recently sent this gorgeous necklace by the fabulous Georgia Coote


What's brilliant about this gift, was that it was a swap through twitter! Georgia and I were tweeting back and forth about liking each others blogs (seriously check hers out, she is one heck of a talented lady!) and decided to do a swap of our handmade button necklaces! Such an inspired idea. I absolutely love this design, and it was interesting to see how she'd made it too! 
It was also my birthday last week and Tom and I went away to Devon. Even though the weather was wet we had a fab time on the beautiful North Devon coast and walking in the countryside. You can check out my photos on my Flickr

On my return I met up with Katie who gave me my birthday present which I knew was handmade. I have to admit I was very excited (knowing how creative the girl is) but also scared as she'd obviously put so much work into it. My present however, was AMAZING! She'd done me the most fantastic cross stitch in skully font! Brilliant. I absolutely love it; I just have to find somewhere to hang it now!


 


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...