22.26

Skull Cushion

I've been pretty busy lately, which sadly means not enough time for sewing! There's been lots going on in the world of Fran. I've decided it's time for a change, and have given my notice in at work. I've been there 5 years, and they are such a fantastic company but it's time for me to move on. So I'm busy figuring out my next move! I've also got involved with fundraising for the Samaritans, which so far has been great. Such fantastic people, and it's nice to know that my marketing skills can be put to good use! I'll let you know how I get on!

Anyway, I finally got around to making my friend Nats a cushion cover. Not quite an Octopus as promised, but I love this cute little skull design! As I chose to do it in leopard print fabric (Nats is a big fan of the leopard print) I wanted to keep the design simple, so the only embellishment if you like is the heart shaped eye sockets.


I've been doing a fair bit of knitting lately for the yarnbombing in August. Will post some more pictures soon. I'm currently on 8 squares. If you'd like to sponsor me you can do so here. It's actually inspired me to get back into knitting, and I've found some really fabulous patterns I want to work on. I think I'll save those for the winter months! My friend Alice is such an incredible knitter, as is Tom's sister Dani. She does primarily baby clothes, but they are so amazing!
So, onto a new project! I've got a couple of friends expecting babies this year/next year so I'm going to get started on gifts for them! I've got some very cute ideas, I just have to resist going out and buying more fabric for this project!!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...