22.29

The button adventures continue!

Hoorah! The magnetic clasps arrived and my necklace is completed!



It was the Great Escape festival in Brighton this weekend, and I had many a compliment when out and about. I'm really happy with how it turned out. It's definitely my new favourite necklace! As a result I've been working on a new one. This time for a present for my Mum.

I used proper jewellery wire this time, but found it very delicate. In fact right on the last button, it broke off!! Argghhhhh! Luckily, I had just enough wire to finish it off or else I think I might have had a cry. It definitely doesn't feel as sturdy but sits much better on the neck. So we will see which one survives the longest!




I also had a play around with trying to make some button earrings but they were all complete disasters! I shall persevere though until I come up with something good. I also have a couple of other ideas up my sleeves including some button corsages and button hair clips. Can't wait to get making those, they will be so super cute!!! 

I'm off to Gloucestershire on Thursday to visit my Mum. She's fantastic on the sewing machine, so I'm going to pick her brains and get some learning in! I'm not very confident with zips, so hopefully next week I'll be back with some new found skills!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...