22.41

Cross Stitch

Over Christmas I spent quite a bit of time at my Mum's. Obviously I didn't want to cart home a load of fabric to work with, so decided to do a bit of cross stitch. Mainly because I found this beautiful Emily Peacock design, that I just HAD to do.


It's going to take me a pretty long time to complete...but it's an enjoyable thing to do on my lunchbreaks and on the train.




I really love Emily Peacock's designs, they are so beautiful and modern! Researching her and other modern cross stitcher's I came upon this fabulous website called Urban Cross Stitch.

My colleague Harriett, bought one of the Banksy sets, which was pretty reasonable at £18 as all of the threads were included:


I'm particularly looking forward to their cupcakes and cocktail event!!!

Other friends of mine have got into the idea of cross stitch too. My friend Beth did an excellent "Cunt" cross stitch picture recently which you can find on her flickr account.

I've done a couple of other little cutesy designs lately, but to be honest I think I prefer cross stitch when it's using the traditional medium but in a modern way; bringing it into the 21st century.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...