22.41

Making Toys

Before I was born my mum used to make soft toys. She made me loads when I was a kid, I particularly remember having loads of pandas.

For Christmas I asked my Dad to get me a beautiful book on sewing quirky toys called Sew It, Stuff It.

My first attempt from the book was a dinosaur for my boyfriend's birthday.

He didn't turn out perfectly, but I quite like that about making things myself. It's not about perfection, it's about creating something yourself full of meaning and love.

Tom was pretty happy with the dino, and named him Hendrix.


My second attempt, was a lovely little horse. I've so far kept him for myself, as he's just so gorgeous. This is him before I put on the woollen mane:


And this is him finished. I absolutely adore this fabric!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...