15.33

How to make a desk beautiful

I've been after a sewing desk for quite a while. I saw this beautiful one (all though I guess it's more of a dressing table) in Papillon (I think that's what it's called) in the Lanes but knew it would be ridiculously expensive:


Last weekend Tom surprise visited me, and we took a trip to Shabitat to see if we could find anything suitable. I love Shabitat. It's this crazy warehouse full of junk basically, but I always seem to find some great bargains in there! This particular time I stumbled across a very long desk for a meagre £10! Luckily it just fit in Tom's car so I was able to save on deliver costs too!


During transit 2 of the handles fell off, and rather than putting them back on I thought I could find some pretty ones! I really wanted some white porcelain ones with blue polka dots from Velvet, but unless I wanted to start sanding the desk down, it was obvious they wouldn't go. In the end I got on etsy, and found some fabulous designs across many buyers! These are the ones I ended up ordering:


I ended up being very naughty and getting 5 of the clock designs too....so i can either chop and change, or put them on something else!!! Will post more pictures once they arrive.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...