19.52

Owl and Cat Doorstops

Found an excellent pattern for an owl doorstop and other designs! Most of all the patterns were free and can be found on weefolkart. The owls were unbelievably easy to make, and the pattern was so easy to follow!

My first attempt was a bit rubbish, so I kept it for myself:





The problem areas were the eyes...I used a terribly cheap white fabric that was awful to applique! I also used regular thread rather than embroidery thread which looked a bit cheap. I also, simply used stones to weight the bottom!!!

My second attempt is probably my favourite. This time I used cotton for the eyes, and weighted the bottom with split peas. This was a Christmas present for my stepmum.



I then decided to be brave and do the cat doorstop. This was a bit trickier, as it involved embroidering the face, and sewing on the ears...which I'd never done before. It was surprisingly easy however, and I was very happy with the results. I didn't make him in felt, but simply some black and white cotton I had lying about.


The cat was a birthday present for my Mum's 50th birthday. Both my Mum and stepdad are fabulous at sewing (my stepdad is an upholsterer by trade) so I was a little nervous...but the feedback was all good!

My final doorstop project was an owl with a twist. My friend Abbey is a massive metalhead, so i made her a "dead owl" with some gorgeous (and yet slightly hideous) leopard print fabric I found in Fabricland. I've recently discovered how well priced Fabric Land is. Especially on my trips to Hobbycraft!


Abbey, who runs Doll Doll Dolly making fabulous corsages, headbands and brooches, loved it! I think he's got a really excellent personality! She named him Dio!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...